Friday, February 12, 2010

WOrDs fRom ThE MaN! Dov Charney


I am an intuitive designer. I put it on and I see if it's tight or not. I love the touch of fabric. I've seen photographs of Yves Saint Laurent in a fitting and I thought, "That's how we do it!" I try on all my underwear designs before they go into production. I am very pleased by the rapid expansion of American Apparel this year and the continued momentum our business is enjoying worldwide. I have welcomed a large number of new employees into the family this year, and am happy that in so they have are able to earn decent livelihood for themselves and their families. American Apparel now employs 10,000 people across the world and about 4,500 in our home of downtown Los Angeles. This year we're on track to export more clothes internationally than we have ever before, meaning we're sending Made in USA clothes to China, Europe, Australia and South America. I am particularly proud that so many of our long-standing manufacturing employees have become shareholders in American Apparel which means they now have a direct stake in American Apparel's financial success.

No comments:

Post a Comment